Monday, August 1, 2011

cliches about "hanging in there" are dumb.

I've never been one of those "When the going gets tough, the tough get going" kinds of people. Mostly I'm more "When the going gets tough, the weak sit and whine about it for a few days, then eventually keep trying when they reach the point where they realize that doing nothing actually accomplishes nothing." But I wouldn't say I necessarily "get going" right away. Unless you count watching HGTV and trying not to cry for several days as "Going." And I don't.

Wah, Wah, emo, emo, middle class girl complains about having to live at home after college - because I'm sure NOBODY else has to do that, ever - wah wah wah.

The job train has once again stopped in Notown, and I'm very close to jumping off it altogether and wallowing in Pityville for a while. I'm sure I'll find that stamina again, but as schooltime draws nearer and nearer, chances that I'll get a desk with an apple on it and a shiny name plate on my door grow smaller and smaller.

This year has just been SO bad, you'd think it would start looking up, right? I mean it pretty much has to get better eventually.... Right? Right guys?

And now, random typing of keys to indicate my level of frustration with life in general:

ksednaoioawefoweafeiownfnxsnegoiawhsakjejjiwfjeafejafefkeowief

Ever notice how many j's come ou when you do that? It's weird that J is a home key. I never really considered it all that important.

Anyway, as there is no news and definitely no good news, I'm just gonna end this here. Back to the hunt tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. i love you lots. there's nothing wrong with wallowing-i wallowed for a really long time, to the point where a re-run of golden girls was the only bright spot in a day. ugh.

    ReplyDelete